The Lung Association is pleased to issue electronic tax receipts for online donations. These e-receipts are approved by Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
How will I get my e-receipt, and what do I do with it?
- The e-receipt will be sent to your e-mail address within 24 hours of your donation.
- The receipt will be in unalterable PDF format, as per Canada Revenue Agency regulations. You’ll need Adobe Acrobat Reader™ to view and print your receipt. Most people already have this program on their computer. If you don’t, you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free from the Adobe™ website.
- Just print the receipt and use it as you would use your regular paper tax receipts.
What if I don’t get my e-receipt, I can’t read it, or I lose it?
If you have trouble receiving, viewing or printing your receipt, or if you lose it, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you write, please include your complete address for identification purposes.
You can also call our office at 1-506-455-8961 or Toll free: 1-800-565-LUNG.
What are the advantages of e-receipts over old-fashioned paper receipts sent through postal mail?
- You get your receipt faster- it arrives via e-mail within 24 hours of the time you made the donation.
- We spend less time and money processing receipts, so there’s more time and money for programs and services.
Call our toll-free number 1-800-565-LUNG in Canada.