Cosmetic Pesticides are chemical or biological substances used to destroy living things such as: insects (insecticides), plants (herbicides), and fungi, such as mushrooms (fungicides) for the purpose of enhancing the appearance of a lawn or garden. They are sold commonly as sprays, liquids, powders, or combined with chemical fertilizers.

You can be exposed to cosmetic pesticides through skin contact, ingestion, or inhalation. They can also enter your home via people, pets, objects and toys.

Pesticides are a broad category of complex chemicals, which may cause many immediate and long-term negative health effects.

The best way to avoid air pollution from cosmetic pesticides is to not use them at all.

Check with your local municipality to find out alternatives available in your community.

Page Last Updated: 20/12/2018