Subject: Information Gathering under Section 71 of CEPA 1999
The Government of Canada would like to inform you of the publication of the Notice with respect to certain micro-organisms on September 23, 2017, in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Vol. 151, No. 38, pursuant to the information gathering provisions of paragraph 71(1)(b) of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA):
- The notice applies to 11 micro-organisms
- If you meet the reporting criteria, the deadline to report is January 30, 2018 3 p.m. Eastern Daylight saving Time (EDST).
- To determine whether this notice applies to you, refer to Schedule 2 of the notice
- Responses to the Notices should be submitted via Environment and Climate Change Canada’s Single Window.
- Excel form (available soon).
- Additional information and guidance on how to respond to the notice is available.
If additional time to report is required, you may apply for an extension. A written request must be submitted to the Minister of the Environment, to the attention of the Substances Management Coordinator, before January 30, 2018, 3 p.m. EDST.
In situations where you do not meet the reporting requirements of the notice, the Government encourages you to provide information on a voluntary basis. One of the following two options may be applicable :
- Declaration of Stakeholder Interest: This option applies to you if you currently have an interest in substances covered by the notice but your activities are not reportable under the notice, or if you have a future interest for any of the substances. You may identify yourself as an interested stakeholder by completing a Declaration of Stakeholder Interest You may also choose to use this form to provide additional information on any of the reportable substances.
- Declaration of Non-Engagement: This option applies to you if you have no activity and no commercial interest in any of the substances covered by the notice. You may then complete a Declaration of Non-Engagement.
For any question please contact the:
Substances Management Information Line:
Telephone: 1-800-567-1999 / 819-938-3232
Indicate in the subject line: “”Micro-organisms Notice Inquiry”.